In our ever changing social environment, PA is constantly implementing security enhancements for everyone on campus as well as the safety of the buildings and grounds where our students spend each day.
- All exterior doors on the campus are locked. Faculty and students are able to flow between buildings with the use of a code, which only works during the school day. Visitors are “buzzed” in at each division entrance and sign in with the office.
- Visitors to Early Childhood, Lower School, and Middle School are screened through Hall Pass software which scans their driver’s license and allows the school to check their background instantly.
- Fencing provides passage between the Lower School building and the playground in a more secure environment.
- PA subscribes to the RAVE Panic Button app, enabling any faculty or staff member on campus to initiate a 911 call and to notify all employees instantly in case of an emergency. Additionally, 911 and the emergency responders (police, fire, MEMS) have access to electronic campus maps that help the emergency responders arrive quickly and to the right location.
- The school maintains a comprehensive Emergency Management Plan. Fire drills, tornado drills, and lockdown drills are all performed periodically to ensure that faculty, staff and students are ready in case of an emergency.
- AEDs (automatic external defibrillator) in each building, a new surface on the Early Childhood playground, and the campus-wide conversion to LED lighting (which will improve exterior lighting significantly) are all safety enhancements recently completed or in process.
Pulaski Academy continues to explore for ways to increase the safety and security of our students, faculty, and staff while maintaining a welcoming feeling in our community and on our campus.